Kate's Blog

My first ever blog!!

Smartboard Video…testing out how to add videos to my blog

August5

This is a really neat video I found highlighting some features of SmartBoard notebook software. It’s also a good opportunity to see if I am clever enough to embed a video 🙂

Enjoy!

by posted under Uncategorized | 7 Comments »    
7 Comments to

“Smartboard Video…testing out how to add videos to my blog”

1. August 6th, 2011 at 2:31 pm       Narelle Says:

Nice work! I will save this to my DIIGO and create a Smartboard and video tag. Thanks

2. August 6th, 2011 at 2:50 pm       kristytan Says:

Hi Kate,

What a great video. Informative and neat. I really like the smartboard/ all IWBs because there are so many things you can do with them. Sometimes I wish I had one of my own to experiment with at home. I know, embarrassing but true. Btw, do you know of any PDs happening with regards to using the Smart board or IWBs in general?

Also, with the RSS icon appearing, I think you have to go to dashboard then under appearance,go to widgets. Look for RSS and drag it to your sidebar. Fingers crossed it will appear once you save and publish your changes.

3. August 7th, 2011 at 5:14 pm       alyciamaher Says:

Good job on adding the video! It was great to watch, wish I had seen this before I had to do my maths SmartBoard assignment last semester!
    Also Kristy, you can download the SmartBoard software onto your computer and it works the same apart from not being touch screen!

4. August 7th, 2011 at 8:48 pm       kristybudden Says:

These sorts of videos make me excited to use these technologies in the classroom! Thanks for the link. I hope I can use this in my placement!

5. August 7th, 2011 at 9:02 pm       kateshannon Says:

I’m glad you like the clip everyone 🙂 @KristyTan re: PD’s, I’m not sure but when I was on rounds last year I was able to attend one that the school ran as an in house intro which was very useful. Don’t worry, I want a SMARTboard at my house too!

6. August 8th, 2011 at 1:59 pm       ljpr Says:

I agree, this is a great video which gets you excited, as a teacher, for the opportunities we will have to incorporate technology in the classroom. Will be sure to save this one, Thanks.

7. August 8th, 2011 at 8:04 pm       Jess Says:

Well done, Kate!
    Diigo a really great resource! I think it will be especially handy when researching for assignments. When I research atm, I usually copy the quote, URL and author into my word document and by the end I am so confused by which quote belongs to which URL, that I end up having to copy the quote in google and search (again)! Diigo will cut down on this unnecessary searching and provide me with a more organised and less overwhelming way of storing articles, quotes and URL’s!

Within the classroom, I also think it has the potential to be a really useful and practical resource. It could perhaps be used to educate students of referencing or as they would know it, bibliographies from a younger age. Through encouraging and supporting the use of diigo by students, they could begin bookmarking sites that they have found useful or which they may have used for research. This would then allow them to insert their bookmarked links directly into their finished product (whether it be word, powerpoint, blog, glogster etc)and create a bibliography through the click of a button.

Yet another way of educating students in a way that they probably don’t even realise is educational!

Hope that made some sense! lol

Jess 🙂

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Skip to toolbar