Kate's Blog

My first ever blog!!

Image editing using IrfanView

August28

This is a photograph I took in Central Park, New York. I decided to edit this image using IrfanView (http://www.irfanview.com/). At first I was going to use a similar picture with me in it but when I changed the image to look like a negative, I looked very scary but the background looked quite cool. This is the original photo:

IrfanView was not very different to many other programs available, however I didn’t find it very user friendly. The first few images I tried to manipulate did not change when I added effects to them such as blurring and raindrop layers. I may not have been doing it correctly, but I couldn’t see any other way to use these editing functions. Overall, I don’t see any bonuses to this program that programs like Picasa or Office Picture Manager don’t do better. However, it does have a batch edit option which could be useful for renaming multiple files (ie: changing the name from IMG000 to “prep excursion to scienceworks”) or changing the file type to a more usable format. It also allows you to batch resize files.

by posted under Uncategorized | No Comments »    

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Skip to toolbar